Note: segments may not add to total due to rounding; For definitions of the operating metrics above, please see The Carlyle Group LP's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
(1) For purposes of aggregation, funds denominated in a currency other than U.S. Dollars have been converted at the spot rate as of the end of each period presented.
(2) For purposes of aggregation, commitments denominated in a currency other than U.S. Dollars have been converted at the spot rate as of the date of closing of such commitment.
(3) Excludes acquisitions.
(4) Amounts represent Carry Fund transactions only (including related coinvestments). Does not include hedge funds, mutual funds, structured credit funds, NGP management fee funds or fund of funds vehicles. For purposes of aggregation, transactions denominated in a currency other than U.S. Dollars have been converted at the average rate for the period presented.
(5) Years before 2011 are presented using Distributions to fund investors, 2011 to present are Realized Proceeds.
(6) Appreciation / (Depreciation) represents unrealized gain / (losses) for the period on a total return basis before fees and expenses. The percentage of return is calculated as: Ending Remaining Investment FMV plus net investment outflow (sales proceeds minus net purchases) minus Beginning Remaining Investment FMV divided by Beginning Remaining Investment FMV. Excludes external coinvestment.